Monday, January 16, 2017

Nelleen

Nelleen

Red, yellow, golden leafs of Lady Autumn,
Covers the ground as far as eye could see.

Sounds of approaching footsteps did I hear,
On the moist, morning leaves,
Of the clear, clean, noiseless woods.

As footsteps got nearer and nearer,
Behold! A wonder of the world.
Venus and Helen to shame,
For she is lovelier than a moonfull night.

As distance drew near, I did fear.
Scared, not I,
But temptation to hard to bear,
Neither Hun of Rome
Nor Nazi of Louvre was I,
And neither did I want to be,
But with embrace,
Rome and Louvre mind forgot.

When sun arose, I awoke with pleasures,
Joys, and memories of night before.
Memories of sweet fragrances and warm touches,
But where is Nelleen.

Laugh leaves and trees of Jolly,
For thou knows where she has gone,
Yet, thou cannot tell me.

Nelleen was thee fancy of mind,
Or was thee real warmth and form.
Truly it does matter,
For I love thee.

No comments: